PRIVACY, SECURITY, & COMPLIANCE
This notice is to keep you informed of our policy for privacy and security, as well as our commitment to data privacy protection and regulatory compliance. We are committed to protecting your privacy, and the security of your data and are committed to working to quickly address any potential security or privacy problem. We have taken great steps to make sure that our site and product security are up to the latest standards.
At RemoteToPC we understand the concern for the security and privacy of your information. As a result, we strive to keep this information secure.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is an information security standard for organizations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes. The standard was created to increase controls around cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud. PCI compliance is required for organizations that store, manage and process cardholder information.
RemoteToPC is not a payment solution and we do not store our users’ credit card or financial data in our system. RemoteToPC utilizes the third-party vendor Stripe to store and manage cardholder data and conduct online transactions. We provide secure connections to our PCI compliant payment vendor to ensure compliance.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (5) is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy, and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. After four years of preparation and debate the GDPR was finally approved by the EU Parliament on April 14, 2016 and is enforced starting May 25th 2018
We are committed to GDPR compliance and our services comply with the GDPR regulations. Due to the nature of RemoteToPC services providing instrumentality for Remote Desktop Access, Computer Health Monitoring & Alerts, and Remote Monitoring and Management services, you, the customer are able to access computer systems, along with, but not limited to the ability to transfer files from one computer to another. The GDPR regulations apply to the privacy of the data of all EU citizens residing in the EU. You should be aware of these regulations, and your company’s responsibilities and need for customer contracts and compliance with GDPR regulations for your accessing and monitoring of EU based computer systems.
AGENTS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
RemoteToPC works with other companies to help us deliver our services to you on our behalf. One of these companies is STRIPE(3). Stripe is one of the top industry payment gateways responsible for the processing credit card payments. They store your credit card information, and are responsible for keeping it safe. We also use Google Analytics(4) to measure web traffic and analytics.
- RemoteToPC has a registered SSL Certificate with a Internet Root Certificate Authority , and all pages with private user information on them are secured with this certificate.
- RemoteToPC’s physical servers are in a controlled access hosting facility. All communication across the internet that RemoteToPC does between Host and Join computers, and the RemoteToPC server is done through a 256 BIT encrypted tunnel.
- All RemoteToPC code is digitally signed to prevent tampering.
- RemoteToPC assigns unique identifiers to users, and to computers for security purposes, and has multiple layers of passworded security as well as the option of two factor authentication.
- RemoteToPC Terms and Conditions: http://remotetopc.com/terms-and-conditions/
- GDPR Site: https://www.eugdpr.org/